Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Counsel - 2

(short story. comments welcome.)
(this is a part of a series. premature endings may be taken up later.)

"It's been many years. I need to get this off my chest."

The voice almost woke up the counselor, who was too tired to concentrate on what the girl just said. The last appointment of the day, he thought, and sighed. It was always the last appointment of the day that turned out to be the most interesting.

"I wanted to travel around the world.", she spoke in her soft voice.

The counselor wasn't yet done admiring her cute face. She didn't have what he would call a 'pretty face', but there was something in those eyes that forced him to look at them again. This girl was ... different.

C: "That is a wonderful hobby or passion, whatever you choose to call it. I myself wanted to do that when I was younger."

G: "What did you do about it then?"

C: "I realized I didn't earn enough money to do both - save and travel. I decided to keep my travel plans on the backburner for a few years. Those few years are still continuing after many more years, I'd say."

The counselor smiled as he said this. Ginny would know what he is talking about.

G: "That's what I didn't want to do. So I came up with a method."

C: "Nice to hear that. Tell me more about it."

G: "I calculated that I could only afford the travel cost of the air tickets from my own savings, and sometimes not even that. How would I take care of the accommodation and actual travel expenses? That was the main problem."

C: "Hmm...So what did you do about it?"

G: "I got this idea when my second boyfriend traveled with me to Russia. I didn't realize before that..."

C: "What?"

G: "...that I could just focus on traveling and enjoying, and my boyfriend would take care of the expense."

C: "I guess you two shared a great relationship."

G: "It lasted for three months."

C: "Oh. That's a bit short...what happened?"

G: "He couldn't afford the next trip to Thailand."

The counselor felt speechless for a moment. The girl continued.

G: "At that point I realized that if I could just take my 'enthusiastic' male friends along with me, my travel plans would become a reality."

C: "I hope their pockets could afford that. How did you manage that?"

G: "In this world, a girl doesn't have to do much to make men dance, you know. A little bit of flirting, a little bit of cleavage show, and sometimes bend down to show your inner-lines coming out of jeans backside, and you get friends. Friends who would never admit they want you, but would do anything that takes money to make your passion of traveling fulfilled. These are the ones who never miss those little opportunities to touch you whenever given a chance."

C: "That is a pretty broad generalization you got there."

G: "Yes, and it stands true. Who says strategy only works in business? Many of my friends are now working in the most exotic locations on this earth. Who do you think will bear most of the bills if I casually tell them that it has been my dream to visit that particular country for a long time?"

C: "I guess it will work once, but not twice with the same friend. Would it?"

G: "Generally, it doesn't. But I've got loads of them, so I never needed the same one twice."

C: "Do you still travel a lot?"

G: "No, I don't. After that happened, I never got back up."

C: "That...?"

G: "I started feeling cosier towards this particular friend of mine, whom I had convinced to accompany me to the Caribbean. He has been a friend for a long time now. He is quite popular, has a great body, and is a fun person to be, overall. He even knows about my adventures with boys, so with him it was not seduction, but straight-talk about going and enjoying in the place of desire. He agreed."

The girl paused for a moment, but continued before the counselor could utter a sound from his mouth.

G: "Like all good boys, he planned to bring his girlfriend along, but she couldn't. She works in a busy office, and sometimes career commitments have to take precedence."

The counselor slowly moved his wrist to check the time. Five minutes over, he thought, and coughed. That brought the girl's attention to the wall clock.

G: "Oh, I didn't realize. You got more time today?"

C: "I would have liked to do so, but I have my girlfriend waiting for me. I would not like to get late."

G: "I understand. So I'll come back next week?"

C: "Sure. Check with Tina for the schedule."

As she left, the counselor was still trying to imagine what all could have gone wrong between the two friends. He wouldn't know until next time....


7 comments:

Still Searching said...

He should've just stayed on and found out!

Zee said...

well are u going to continue or not???

MISS ILLUSION said...

ohh..plz do continue....

nutty said...

Hi!

As promised I'm back (just a few days shy of 6 weeks) and letting you know :)

have yet to catch up on all blog world activity so will take a few days reading your last few posts .. will comment soon :D

how did the novel go? did you finish?

Anshul said...

..and?

Pri said...

shucks!! couldent he let his girlfriend wait for just another 5more minutes...:(

Pri said...

just noticed the date when this was posted and looks like people here have been waiting for months...his gf surely could wait for a few minutes couldent she??...hmpf!! :-/